2020 - 2021 1st Semester
3rd Year English
- Attila Barabas <barabas.attila [at] cs.ubbcluj.ro>
- Dan Cojocar <dan [at] cs.ubbcluj.ro>
- Erhard Kirner <kirner.erhard [at] cs.ubbcluj.ro>
01/26 - Schedule your re-examination attendance for February 20th, 08:00 here
. Valid till February 17th!
9/28 - Welcome to MA 2020/2021!
9/28 - We will use Piazza
discuss online, please check your @scs email for an invite link. If you did not receive one please let us know!
9/29 - It seems that for some of you the invitations did not arrive. Probably because the accounts
We will resend the invitations once we know that the system is back. In the meantime please register without an
invitation using your @scs email address.
- Before the exam day:
- Please check the Lecture #12 Exam
- Setup the GitHub classroom repository assignment. We
will use this private repository, in the exam time, to track all our changes.
- Ensure that your development machine is able to execute the server provided in Lecture #12 lecture. Exam one will have
- Ensure that you know how to join a google meeting, the microphone and camera are working, and that you know
how to share your desktop. If not please learn here.
It is recommended to use a headset to minimize the audio loopback. Will be needed when we evaluate the
- If you are planning to use a physical device be prepared to share the screen of that device too. For Android
devices, we recommend using Vysor, for iPhone/Mac you can use QuickTime
- Ensure that you are properly able to share your camera and your full desktop (you should use only one screen)
using obs.ninja. You should confirm with a help of a friend/parent, preferably
from a different network. Will be used throughout the exam.
- Please monitor the announcements on
this lecture page and Piazza, since in case of
failures we will post the new/backup meeting details.
- On the exam day:
- Join the exam meeting before 08:00 AM. Ensure that your
microphone is muted and that you can properly hear the announcements.
- Before the exams start, register your details here. Please
ensure that the obs.ninja browser tabs will remain open throughout the exam and
the links are the ones submitted here. If for some reason you are disconnected you need to resubmit the new
links and notify the exam instructors.
Depending on the system load, or as a backup solution for obs.ninja, we will use meet.jit.si/examMa
- The exam repository link, containing the requirements will be announced in the exam meeting. Once the exam
repo is public you will have two hours to work on your solution. Please note that your changes should be
submitted to the private repository that you created before the exam day (private exam repo). Once you received the
requirements, just copy the content from the exam repository to the private repository, and from this point
on we will use only the private repo.
NOTE: The exam repository, will be announced in the exam meeting, it is read-only and is
different than the private repository!
- If you can finish the solution before the 2h time limit, please notify the exam supervisors. You will
receive access to another meeting where the solutions will be presented and evaluated. After the 2h time limit
you will be invited, one by one, to join the other meeting too.
The lectures will be posted on YouTube, on each Monday.
Please recheck this page to access the lecture link.
The laboratories will be maintained on Google Meet, MsTeams, or Zoom, please check Piazza, before the start of the laboratory,
to get the access link and the connection details.
- Introduction to mobile app development
- Lists and REST resources
- Navigation and REST Resources
- Local Persistence & Architecture Components
- Securing mobile apps
- Coroutines, Flow & Reactive programming
- System services & Sensors
- Firebase Services & Monetize Apps
- Advanced Mobile Development
- Jetpack Compose & SwiftUI
- Testing & Exam Discussions
The content from the last year is archived here