Getting to Cluj-Napoca
Click on the right map to see the airport location.
- Cluj-Napoca has a good connectivity by air with Europe through its Avram Iancu International Airport, which has more than 15 airlines that operate regular and charter flights to over 50 destinations in 21 countries.
- For more information you can visit Cluj-Napoca’s Airport website.
- The distance from the airport to the city center is only 10 km and the time to get to the airport is about 20 min by taxi (10 Eur) and 30 min by public transport (Line 5) (0,6 Eur).
- For international train routes to and from Cluj-Napoca you can access the following link: https://bileteinternationale.cfrcalatori.ro/en/booking/search.
- If you plan to come by bus, you can use the FlexiBus service or Eurolines that connect major Europe cities to Cluj-Napoca.
Some useful information:
- Currency: RON (5 RON ~= 1 EUR).
- Language: Romanian, but young locals speak English as well.
- For emergency calls (police, medical, fire service etc.) please dial 112.
Need for a VISA
Please contact organizer as soon as possible. Conference organizers will ONLY deliver all documents necessary for visa application to the authors of accepted papers that have paid the registration. Conference organizers are not responsible for failing to comply with visa requirements of the Romanian authority.
Getting around in Cluj-Napoca
- 1 trip ticket: 3 RON
- 2 trips ticket: 6 RON
- Night ticket 1 trip: 5 RON
- 24 hours – all lines (unlimited number of trips): 20 RON (~4 Euro)
- 72 hours – all lines (unlimited number of trips): 33 RON (~6.6 Euro)
Tickets are available at vending machine, kiosk, or you can pay for a bus trip directly into the bus using a debit/credit card. Also, tickets can be bought using the 24pay mobile app (we recommend you to buy the ticket just before getting into the bus).
*Green Friday: Through the “Green Friday” program, you can travel every Friday for free by bus, trolleybus or tram on any urban line. Please note that 2nd day of the conference (30th of June) falls on a Friday.
For more details you can check the website of the local bus company CTP Cluj-Napoca.
A journey usually costs around 20-40 RON, equivalent of 4-8 EUR. More details about taxi services are available here: Visit Cluj. For ordering a taxi in Cluj-Napoca, the easiest way is to use the Star Taxi app. Please not that some taxi drivers accept only cache payments (not all of them accept in-app payments). Also, Uber and Bolt are available in Cluj-Napoca so, you might order a car via their apps.
Street Map of Cluj-Napoca
For street map and route itineraries visit Google Maps.
The weather in Cluj-Napoca, Romania in late June is warm and sunny. Rainfall and thunderstorms are quite common, so carrying an umbrella it might be a good idea.
The conference site is the main building of the University (1 Mihail Kogălniceanu Street) in the historical downtown of Cluj Napoca. There are many hotels located within 20 minutes walking distance from the University main building. Here is a list of a few of them:
|Grand Hotel Napoca||Str. Octavian Goga, nr. 1||****|
|Melody||Pta. Unirii, nr. 29||***|
|Victoria||Str. 21 Decembrie 1989, nr. 54-56||***|
|Capitolina||Str. Victor Babes, nr. 35||***|
|Meteor||Str. Eroilor, nr.29||***|
|Double Tree by Hilton (City Plaza)||Str. Sindicatelor, nr. 9-11||*****|
|Meridian||Str. Calea Turzii, nr. 62||****|
A map of the city center with the location of some of these hotels: