Preparation of Bachelor Thesis
2019-2020 2nd Semester
3rd Year English
5/29 - The re-exam will be held on June 11th at 12:00. Please ensure that you are registered here
2/27 - Welcome to PBT 2020!
Planning of activities
Establishing the theme with the scientific coordinator.
Creating the content of the paper + one theoretical chapter.
- The content of the thesis (chapters for the theoretical part + 2-3 subsections)
- ThemeTitleAgreement document.
- 3 references.
- 3 paragraphs.
Develop a chapter from the theoretical part and Chapter practical part (requirements + specification).
- Chapter 2 from the theoretical part (theoretical content + references + tables + images) +
chapter from the practical part with app requirements and specification.
- Chapter theoretic 1 + subsections.
- Formatting: tables/images.
Develop another chapter from the theoretical part.
Develop the chapter for the application.
- Chapter from the practical part: design (all) + implementation + testing (functionality F1).
- Functionality F1 to be shown that works (executable).
- Chapter theoretic 2 + subsections
- Chapter practical 1 + requirements + specification.
Prepare the presentation (slides), writing the Abstract and the Introduction, functionality F2 to be
- Presentation (slides only, not to be presented during lab)
- Abstract + Introduction
- Functionality F2 to be shown that works (executable).
- Design/Implementation/Testing for F1.
- User interface (GUI interface).
- Functionality F1.
||Grading by the Tutor
- Presentation (slides).
- Functionality F2.
- Presence on this subject is mandatory, and minimum of 4 attendances will be required.
- Students will have 5 lab assignments; each assignment will receive a grade.
- Each deliverable for the laboratory assignments must be uploaded using: https://www.cs.ubbcluj.ro/~pbt/ address with the scs id/password
- Each deliverable file must be uploaded before the scheduled laboratory, i.e. in the day of the assignment
- The student must have available the deliverable documents during lab hours to be discussed with the tutor.
- During one laboratory maximum 2 laboratory assignments could be delivered. The second laboratory will be
delivered if there is time available. Priority is given to those students who have delivered the laboratory on
- The assignments delivered after the scheduled delivery are marked with 2 points/laboratory delay.
- Example: Assignment 3 with a delivery schedule in Lab 4 but delivered in Lab 6, gets the maximum mark of
- Tutor Grade = arithmetic average of the grades from the 5 laboratory assignments (awarded at the
end of the laboratory 6).
- Scientific Coordinator Grade = given in the session.
- Final Grade = 0.5 * Grade given by Tutor + 0.5 * Grade given by Scientific Coordinator
- Pass the subject: Final grade > = 5. Grade given by Tutor or Grade given by Scientific Coordinator may be less
than 5, but the Final Grade must be greater than 5.
- In the retake session, the student can also deliver assignments that were undelivered during the didactic
activity only if she/he has at least 4 attendances. The grade given by tutor will be at most 6 if during the
semester the student did not deliver any assignment. If the student delivered parts of the assignments during
the semester, and in the retake session she/he delivered some other assignments, the grade on each assignment is
computed as if it were delivered in Lab 6 (with appropriate penalties), but the final grade will be at most 6.
- Students who do not have a minimum of 4 attendances may deliver them only in the liquidation session, and the
tutor's grade will be maximum 6.