|MID0031||Integrated Information Systems|
|Teaching Staff in Charge|
|Prof. PÂRV Bazil, Ph.D., bparvcs.ubbcluj.ro
Lect. CIOBAN Vasile, Ph.D., vciobancs.ubbcluj.ro
At the completion of this course, the students:
• must be aware of the importance and benefits of EAI - Enterprise Application Integration
• know the types of EAI applications
• be able to work with existing middleware technologies
• have good knowledge about existing EAI standards and be able to use them
1. The architecture of software systems and its evolution
2. EAI types
2.1. Application-oriented integration
2.2. Business process-oriented integration
2.3. Service-oriented integration
2.4. Portal-oriented integration
3. Software integration technologies
3.1. Introduction to middleware
3.2. Middleware types vs EAI types
3.3. Connector-based architectures
3.4. Sun Java-based middleware technologies
3.5. Microsoft .NET-based middleware technologies
3.6. OMG middleware specifications: CORBA
4. Application integration standards
4.2. Business Processes BPEL4WS
4.3. RossettaNET şi UCCNET
4.4. Standards for web services: SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
4.5. XML and XSLT-based standards
4.6. Other standards
1. Chris Britton, Peter Bye, IT Architectures and Middleware: Strategies for Building Large, Integrated Systems, 2nd edition, Addison-Wesley, 2000
2. Fred A. Cummins, Enterprise Integration: An Architecture for Enterprise Application and Systems Integration, Wiley, 2002.
3. Beth Gold-Bernstein, William Ruh, The Essential Guide to Integration Solutions, Addison-Wesley, 2004.
4. David S. Linthicum, Enterprise Application Integration, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
5. David S. Linthicum, Next Generation Application Integration, Addison-Wesley, 2003.
Grading activities are as follows:
• an EAI project, lab work (50%)
• midterm written exam (20%)
• final written exam (30%)
The final grade is computed as an weighted average of the individual marks obtained at the above activities (weights are given in parentheses).
|Links:||Syllabus for all subjects|
Romanian version for this subject
Rtf format for this subject