Elaboration of the Graduation Thesis (2020-2021)
- All information that follows is for students writing their thesis under my supervision.
- For all the other students, the grade responsibility stays with their thesis supervisor.
- Prof.dr. Horia F. Pop, Email:
No recordings allowed
- According to the National Education Act (1/2011), the recording of didactical activity by any means is only possible by explicit agreement of the teaching person.
Consequently, no recording of any didactical activity, by any means and on any support, is allowed.
Please verify that you understand the following
- The syllabus is the official syllabus of this course as published on the Faculty web site.
- The work and the deadlines involved.
- The grading scheme involved.
- All the work has to be submitted by email.
- There are no classroom regular meetings.
- Students are encouraged to contact me by email with issues on this activity.
- Attendance is not required. Doing the work in time is required.
Helpful notes for this work
Progress reports split-up
- DOC/DOCX format progress reports should be prepared and delivered as scheduled. The progress report will include an analysis of the activity performed in the relevant time frame.
- Have in mind that this course is part of the final semester, with a length of 12 weeks, and the last day of the semester is the Friday of the 12-th week.
- The grading will be finalised on that day. This does not mean the thesis to be final by the end of the 12-th week, but that the process of elaboration of the thesis is continuous and documented accordingly.
- From the point of view of submissions, the week ends Friday at 6pm, as specified in the reports' deadlines.
- According to the syllabus, the submission delay penalties are of 1 (one) point per (part of) calendar week.
- Report 1: title, table of contents, plan of activity; deadline week 4, Friday, 6pm;
- Report 2: bibliographical documentation, relevance, assignment to structure, state-of-the-art; deadline week 6, Friday, 6pm;
- Report 3: first draft of the report; deadline week 8, Friday, 6pm;
- Report 4: full text of the report; deadline week 10, Friday, 6pm.
- The reports presentation from weeks 11 and 12 consists of a 1000 words essay written in DOC/DOCX to be sent to me by week 12, Friday, 6pm.
- The essay will present an analysis of the activity the student has performed for completing all the assignments, in terms of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The essay will have to cover the following:
- strengths: strong/positive points, benefits, what the student learned during the research, etc;
- weaknesses: difficulties encountered, limitations/drawbacks, the things that did not work as expected, results below expectations, etc;
- opportunities: possibilities for improvement, progress, etc;
- threats: risks involved, etc;
- impact of the work.
- The grades given by the thesis supervisor will be communicated formally to the tutor before the end of the semester.
- The final grade will be made available in Academic Info and will be visible in the temporary grades area.
- In order to have access to the resit session all interested students will confirm their intention via email no later than the previous Sunday early morning.
- All the files not yet submitted can be submitted with the same deadline.
- Any file sent for evaluation will be assessed according to the submission delay and penalised as such.
- No documents resubmission is allowed.
© Prof.dr. Horia F. Pop