|Security in Internet|
|Teaching Staff in Charge|
Learning by the students the cryptography amd mathematical modells used in cryptography. The practical aspects about Internet security protocols. The administrators tasks for network securize. Viruses and antiviruses. Methodological, ethic and judicial aspects in Internet security.
1. General problems about protections and security in data processing. The specific focus for Internet communications.
2. Methodological, ethic and juridic aspects in Internet security.
3. Mathematical background in criptography: boolean operations, number theory, modular arithmetic.
4. The secret key criptography. Details about simetric criptography in Data Encription Standard (DES), substitution algorithms, one-time-pad.
5. The public (asimetric) key criptography. The methods RSA (Rivest-Shamir-Aldeman) and ElGamal.
6. Elliptic curves and cryptography
7. Hashing functions in cryprography. The methods MD5 (Message Digest) and SHA (Secure Hash Alghorithm).
8. Digital signatures.
9. Authentification protocols: Diffie-Helman, Trusted keys distributors
10. The Kerberos protocol and system.
11. TCP/IP security: firewalls.
12. Application level security protocols: SSH, sftp, https, ssl.
13. Virusology: anathomy, antivirus protection.
14. Weackness and qualities in practical security protocols implementation and applications.
1. W STALLINGS, Cryptography and Network Security, second ed., Prentice-Hall, 1999
2. CORMEN T. LEISERSON C. Rivest R introducere în algoritmi. Computer press Agora, 1999.
3. JURSIC A. MENEZES A. Elliptic curves and Cryptography http://www.certicom.com/research/weccrypt.html WhitePaper
4. PATRICIU V.V. Criptografie şi securitatea reţelelor de calculatoare. Ed. Tehnică, 1994
5. *** Resurse Web plecând de la . (http://WilliamStallings.com/Security2e.html).
A technical report about a security theme, a compulsory application, and an writing exam on finish of the semester. The mark is a mean between:
- the exam mark 50%;
- the application mark 25%;
- the report mark 25%