|Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Teaching Staff in Charge|
|Assoc.Prof. SERBAN Gabriela, Ph.D., gabiscs.ubbcluj.ro
Assoc.Prof. NICULESCU Virginia, Ph.D., vniculescucs.ubbcluj.ro
Lect. IONESCU Clara, Ph.D., claracs.ubbcluj.ro
Lect. CIOBAN Vasile, Ph.D., vciobancs.ubbcluj.ro
Asist. MIHIS Andreea Diana, mihiscs.ubbcluj.ro
- understanding the most used abstract data types: arrays, linked lists, binary trees, hash tabels, and developing the abilities to use them;
- developing the abilities for designing algorithms that use these structures;
- learning to estimate the algorithms complexity.
Arrays (sorting algorithms: mergesort, heapsort, radixsort, bucketsort etc.)
Linked lists (simple, and double)
Queues and priority queues
Balanced binary search trees
1. CORMEN, THOMAS H. - LEISERSON, CHARLES - RIVEST, RONALD R.: Introducere în algoritmi. Cluj-Napoca: Editura Computer Libris Agora, 2000.
2. HOROWITZ, E.: Fundamentals of Data Structures in C++. Computer Science Press, 1995.
3. MOUNT, DAVID M.: Data Structures. University of Maryland, 1993.
4. AMBSBURY, WAYNE: Data Structures. From Arrays to Priority Queues, 1993.
5. WIRTH, N.: Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs. Prentice- Hall Inc., 1976.
6. STANDISH, T.A.: Data Structures, Algorithms & Softwae Principles in C, Addison-Wesley, 1995
7. SEDGEWIK: Algorithmen
8. Frentiu, M., Pop, H.F., Serban, G.: Programming Fundamentals, Ed. Presa Universitara Clujeana, Cluj-Napoca, 2006
Each student will receive a list of problems that must be solved during the term. For this homework the student will receive a first grade (A). Each student will receive a grade to a written paper at the middle of the term (B). At the end of the term the student must take an exam for which he will receive a third grade (C). The final grade will be computed as (2*A+2*B+6*C)/10. The access to the written paper is conditioned by the grade (A), which has to be at least 5. In order to promote the final exam, grade (C) and the final grade has to be at least 5.
|Links:||Syllabus for all subjects|
Romanian version for this subject
Rtf format for this subject