|Design and management of complex information systems|
|Teaching Staff in Charge|
1. To get acquainted with the concepts and notations needed for object-oriented analysis and design of software applications
2. To get acquainted with a process (method) of information systems developing
3. To get acquainted with a specific CASE tool (Rational Rose)
4. To get acquainted with the responsibilities of a project manager
1. Phases and components of information systems developing. Inception, elaboration, construction and transition of an information sistem. Requirements specification. Analysis and design. Software implementation. Testing.
2. UML language. CASE tools and applications building. Source code generation and reverse engineering.
3. Static models of information systems. Class diagrams. Use cases diagrams. Object diagrams.
4. Dynamic models of information systems. Sequence diagrams. Activities diagrams. Colaboration diagrams. State diagrams.
5. Architecture models of information systems. Component diagrams. Deployment diagrams.
6. Projects in computer science
7. Scheduling and organization of projects
8. Team management
BOOCH, GREEDY: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications (second edition), Addison-Wesley, Menlo Park CA, 1993
COOK, STEVE - DANIELS, JACK: Designing Object Systems: Object-Oriented Modeling with Syntropy, Prentice Hall International, Hemel Hempstead, UK, 1994
JACOBSON, IVAR - ERICSSON, M. - JACOBSON, A.: The Object Advantage: Business Process Engineering with Object Technology, Addison-Wesley, 1995
MORRIS, P. W. G.: The Management of Projects, Thomas Telford Services Ltd, London, 1994
OBJECT MANAGEMENT GROUP: OMG Unified Modeling Language Specification, [http://www.rational.com/]
PRESSMAN, R. S.: Making Software Engineering Happen, Prentice Hall, London, 1988
QUATRANI, TERRY: Visual Modeling with Rational Rose and UML, ed. Addison-Wesley, 1998
REED, PAUL R. JR.: Developing applications with Visual Basic and UML, ed. Addison-Wesley, 1999
RUMBAUGH, JAMES: Object-Oriented Modeling and Design, ed. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1991
WEISS, J. W. - WYSOCKI, R.: 5-Phase Project Management: A Practical Planning and Implementation Guide, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, 1994
Evaluation of analysis and design models for a specific project.