|Teaching Staff in Charge|
|Prof. FRENTIU Militon, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org|
To introduce to the students the concepts of software metrics.
To give practical guidelines for the improvement of the software process.
To obtain the ability to evaluate the cost and time needed for a software project, and to measure the qualities of programs.
1. Measurement concept
2. A framework for software measurement
3. Software measurement validation
4. Measuring process attributes
5. Making process predictions
6. Measuring (internal and external) product attributes
7. Measuring productivity
8. Resource measurement
1. B.Boehm et all, Cost Models for Future Software Life Cycle Processes: COCOMO 2.0, U.S.Center for Software Engineering.
2. Norman E. FENTON, Software Metrics. A Rigorous Approach, International Thompson Computer Press, 1995
3. J.Hogan, An Analysis of OO Software Metrics, http://www.citseer.nj.nec.com/370357.html
4. ****, Statistical software engineering, Panel on Statistical Methods, National Research Council, 1996, 84 pp., http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/statsoft
5. Alte articole din reviste si Internet
A first grade (W) will be given for a final written examination covering both theory and practice. Another grade (P) will be given for a project. Each student must search for a paper about "Software Metrics" and present a talk about it in the seminaries. This talk and a writen short abstract will receive a grade A. The final result will be the average of these three marks:
F = [A+P+W] / 3